About Me

My photo
big sky, north east , Alberta, Canada
•:*¨♥¨*:•.I graduated from Emily Carr College of Art way back in 1992 with a love of color and anything with imagination . I was so fortunate to have found my soul partner and to have shared more then a decade raising 6 beautiful vibrant girls and living a creative life . I love to make Art •:*¨♥¨*:•. all forms of Art in many mediums great or small . Art reflects life, Life becomes Art.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

i wished upon a ...

Where has the time gone ? It is February 1st 2012!! and finally I am back to document my journey .
So where have I been this past 9 months ...no i didn't have another baby
....PHEW !!
At the end of April 2011 I received a phone call from one of my favorite glass artists in
Edmonton, Pixie Glassworks . They were looking for a apprentice to come and learn and work with them. I was thrilled to say the least it was like a wish come true ! I started to go to Tom & Irja's garage weekly it took awhile but I started to get the hang of blowing the aromatherapy pendants that they are known for ; not perfectly yet but close .In July they got the lease for a new shop in Edmonton and summer was spent preparing the studio. I kept at it until October at which time I was really exhausted from the sheer amount of work . Being a mom to 6 kids , taking care of the house and husband and working part-time evenings and weekends at the Home Depot and then the Pixie's every free moment I just ran out of steam ! Something I wanted to do so badly just wasn't going to work for me . I realized I was no longer making stuff I wanted and all the drawings in my sketchbook had been pushed aside and so with deep sadness and a few tears I said good bye to my dream job at Pixie Glassworks .

No comments:

Post a Comment